Are you and your teen having a tough time?
Would you like to be able to talk to them again without worrying what may happen next?
Motivational Enhancement Therapy Can Help
Challenges for today’s adolescence can encompass a wide range of issues. Sometimes they are subtle and difficult to pinpoint, other times issues have become glaring problems. As a parent, it can be hard to know where to start!
What Happens in Therapy?
My passion is working closely with teens and families to rebuild their relationships.
I do this by listening to how your communication works and where it may be breaking down. Together we work on learning new coping skills, healthy communication and improving decision making processes as well as increasing self-esteem.
We work together to improve the motivation to change. Adolescence can be a difficult time for teens and for parents. My approach focuses on providing a safe place for your teen to express their thoughts, fears and frustrations without judgement. Often times, a teen’s deeper issues become apparent while listening in these conversations. My role is to help teens become aware of their ability to be successful by taking the actions needed for change. As we build trust together, I am able to provide them with the tools they need to become successful young adults.
Areas Where I Can Help
I work to assist individuals, couples and families in the areas of:
• Family stress
• Personal issues and gender identity
• Drug and Alcohol problems
• Anxiety and Depression
• School performance
• Anger Management
• Relationship and behavior challenges
What is the Cost?
I offer affordable rates and a sliding fee scale based on family size and income.
• Masters of Science Degree in Counseling Psychology from California Lutheran University
• Bachelors Degree in Business from California State University, Channel Islands
• Group Facilitator for Intimate Partner Violence, Anger Management, Reconnecting Youth, Substance Use Parent Education Resource (S.U.P.E.R.) and Co-parenting groups
• Youth Services Specialist servicing at-risk youth in secondary schools
I love working with teens and their families as well as couples and individuals . Call for a free phone consultation at (805) 827-0262 or contact me at Sonya@MainStreetCounselingGroup.com.