Local Hotlines and Shelters
- Ventura County:
- The Coalition to End Family Violence, 805-656-1111
- Interface, 1-800-339-9597
- Canoga Park Crisis Line: 818-887-6589
- Santa Barbara Shelter Services: 805-984-5845
- Santa Clarita Shelter: 1-661-259-4357
- Los Angeles Sojourn Services: 1-310-264-6644
Am I Being Abused?
How is your relationship? Does your partner:
- Embarrass you with put-downs?
- Look at you or act in ways that scare you?
- Control what you do, who you see or talk to or where you go?
- Stop you from seeing your friends or family members?
- Take your money or Social Security check, make you ask for money or refuse to give you money?
- Make all of the decisions?
- Tell you that you’re a bad parent or threaten to take away or hurt your children?
- Prevent you from working or attending school?
- Act like the abuse is no big deal, it’s your fault, or even deny doing it?
- Destroy your property or threaten to kill your pets?
- Intimidate you with guns, knives or other weapons?
- Shove you, slap you, choke you, or hit you?
- Force you to try and drop charges?
- Threaten to commit suicide?
- Threaten to kill you?
Please read on for safety planning guidelines, for how to increase your safety and what to do if you choose to leave your abusive relationship.